Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crabbing

CRABBING

Well it's not quite "the deadliest catch," but here are Tyler's adventures with the local catch!

Our landlords live only two houses away and their house is on the water. They have crab pots in their backyard and generously offered to share their catch with us. They called Tyler to come over and help clean and steam the crabs and then he got to bring some home.

Here are the very fresh crabs!


Hours of work getting the crab meat.

We found a crab cake recipe from Tidewater on the Half Shell, an authentic Virginia recipe book, which Liz gave us when we moved here.

Frying up the crab cakes.

Tyler did a good job - they turned out great!
Yummm
! Delicious dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting...Have you guys ever eaten crab before? How was it? I don't think I would ever eat crab, mainly because I am allergic. But that is really cool that you got to have some crab, maybe you'll need to try lobster next. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler loves seafood. I haven't eaten it much before. I'm willing to try new things - no sushi for me though. The crab cakes were very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freshly caught crab + Tyler's cooking = Guaranteed delicious dinner. That's so nice of your landlords to share, and so adventurous of both of you to try an authentic recipe.

    ReplyDelete