Lydia, Cade & I braved our first “mom plus two kids, a car seat, activity bag, diaper bag, baby carrier, and purse all-by-herself” flight to go out to Utah for my sister Maren’s wedding. The worst part of the flight was probably the very unhelpful and rude counter person in Norfolk who refused to give Tyler a pass to help me through security. The kids were really very good and I got the biggest gift of all when I landed in Chicago and had to change planes and found that my connecting flight was only 2 gates away and a family restroom was in between the two – I really couldn’t have asked for more in a connecting flight. And despite my usual pessimism and skepticism about people, I was blessed to have very kind and helpful passengers help me along the way, for which I am very grateful! Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt were at the airport to pick us up and then the busy, but fun-filled week of activities began!
We started off with a train adventure for Cade. Cade is obsessed with anything to do with trains and so he got to ride on his first real diesel train from Salt Lake to Ogden. In Ogden, there was a train museum with several engines and cars that we could climb on. Cade thought it was all amazing and the rest of us had a lot of fun, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment