Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fun stuff

We were very excited to have Grandma & Grandpa Hyatt and Uncles Ben and Lance come visit last week!

Saturday was Uncle Ben’s 18th Birthday.

DSC02452(1) I have to publicly apologize for dragging Ben to a Cherry Blossom Festival in Virginia Beach on his birthday.  It was a complete bust.  For starters, the cherry trees weren’t even blooming and on top of that it was just all out weird.  Here is a picture to give you some idea of the crowd we encountered:

DSC02442So, again, I AM VERY SORRY!  I should have listened to everyone else’s predictions that it would be lame, because it was.  In my defense, the advertisement made it sound impressive and fun, I promise!

DSC02449We were only there for a few minutes before leaving, but we did take a picture of the three of us. (I had hoped for a pretty picture with cherry blossoms in the background, but that clearly was not happening).

It rained for the first few days of the week, so Cade and I took everyone downtown.  Cade had fun in the play area of the mall while Ben & Lance drooled over everything in the Apple Store.

100_4081

100_4088

Cade was especially happy when Grandma took us to Rita’s where, as you can see, he enjoyed his Italian Ice. 100_4092

Unfortunately, it was not nearly as warm as Ben & Lance had hoped it would be, but we made several trips to the beach anyway!

DSC02459DSC02461  100_4128 100_4112100_4105 100_4096  Cade loved the sand and playing with his new beach toys!

On Cade’s birthday we went to the nearby park.

100_4119100_4120100_4121

Cade loves the bouncy toys so much, he wanted everyone to take a turn. Grandpa Hyatt and Uncle Lance are proving that you are never too old to have fun at the park.

100_4127DSC02466

Cade received many cars, trucks & other wheeled toys for his birthday.  Rather than pushing them around, he likes to turn them upside down and spin the wheels. 

He is obsessed with them!  Because of this, it was a challenge to take him for a walk in his new wagon.

100_4049After Dad put it together,  Cade didn’t want to get in the wagon, he just wanted to play with the wheels.

DSC02464 He spent the whole ride bent over the side trying to touch and watch the wheels.

With all the excitement and activity Cade was worn out!  I think he would have kept playing all night if we had let him.  Here he is getting in a few more minutes of playtime before bed.

DSC02454 100_4059 Cade loves to find the remote and he has figured out he has to point it at the TV in order for all of his button pushing to have an effect.  He loves it, but we find it rather frustrating! 100_4063100_4070 I have no comment for this picture.  We just have to shake our heads and smile.

We had a wonderful visit!  Thanks for coming!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like it was lots of fun. Sorry to hear that it was not warm enough for swimming. But looks like everyone still had fun on the beach and at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your family had a great time Rachel! Cade definitely has a lot of toys now. Hoping I can visit you all this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been suckered by ads for events that have proven to be less "awesome" than they advertised as well. Sometimes you find a winner, and it makes it all worth it. Sorry the cherry blossoms didn't work out, but it looks like the rest of the trip was great.

    ReplyDelete