Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trip to Duluth

During Tyler’s week in between his U of MN and Med. Coll. of WI rotations, we got to spend some time in Minnesota.  We decided to take the kids up to Duluth to visit Tyler’s grandma.  DSC04282DSC04319Duluth is such a fun place to visit and we had fun with Great-Grandma Dahl.  Tyler loved being able to do the things that he remembered doing as a child with his kids.

Here are some of the highlights:

Apple picking in Great-grandma Dahl’s front yard

DSC04279DSC04280DSC04281

Going to Canal Park

DSC04289DSC04290DSC04292DSC04293DSC04295DSC04296

Going to Bridgeman’sDSC04298

Playing with toys that Dad played with as a childDSC04304

Eating Swedish PancakesDSC04308DSC04310

Riding the old John DeereDSC04313DSC04317

Going to Stoney Point and eating smoked fishDSC04320DSC04324DSC04327

DSC04340Cade sat for over an hour just throwing rocks into Lake Superior.  I think he would have stayed there for hours if we would have let him.DSC04346DSC04348

One of my favorite pictures of Tyler as a little kid is him standing in front of his Grandma’s garage.  It used to have a giant “D” painted on it.  The “D” was recently painted over, but I wanted a picture of Cade in front of it to compare.  I’ll have to get a copy of that picture scanned in so I can post it, too!

DSC04349

No comments:

Post a Comment